24 Oct EU Council agrees on Contingency Plan for transport
Posted at 07:58h in News and Press Releases 0 Comments
On 23 October the EU Council has agreed on recommendations to set up a Contingency Plan for transport to face COVID 19 and any future crisis.
The EC is called to adopt the plan, whose main elements are:
- a coordination mechanisms to avoid unilateral and uncoordinated restrictions.
- Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T) corridors and cross-border connections to be kept operational.
- international transport workers allowed to present the certificate attesting to their employment, in paper or digital form, in order to further reduce red tape
- free movement of transport workers hand in hand with protection of their health and safety
- MS’s possibility to allow temporary derogations for each mode of transport, on a case-by-case basis more quickly than in the past
- A specific framework for temporary state aid in case of future crises .
UETR welcomes this first key step towards a consistent and structured approach to the crisis, having since the beginning advocated for a Contingency Plan for the sector.
Conclusions and more information here.